Another Mother's Hoverboard

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

yesterday and today.

yesterday was a series of events with the son, ezra. wacky child that he is woke up (in my bed again, of course) and was hiding from me under the blankets. playing some sort of spy game, with himself. finally after realizing the day was going to start without me, i dragged my lazy ass down to the shower with him in full sound-effect mode following behind. straight INTO the bathroom with me. at times, he will join me in the shower. not yesterday. no yesterday, he chose to stand on the closed toilet and DANCE. each time, i thought he left and would peek out, there he was, doing the mashed potato, or some other random hula dance. in his underwear. on the toilet. oh wow. it's not even 7 am. later, when my cousin's girls caroline and charlotte (whom i take care of) arrived, the fun continued. ezra concocted some game with caroline a main pawn in his plans. probably some thing to torture his sister, remy. caroline, being well, still tired herself as MOST NORMAL humans would be at this hour, backed out of his scheme. no biggie. oh but yes, to Lord Ezra this was major. He actually announced, fully irate, "CAROLINE HAS BETRAYED ME!" Let's just say my laughter did NOT improve the situation. Alas, his DREAM popped into his head. And my laughter spread to his body, as he LAUGHED OUT LOUD TO HIMSELF, remembering the details. Once he had fully retrieved all of it, from the "dream bank" he told me. Mom, "I had a dynamite dream. But the wackiest part was that I was interviewing someone eating a cookie the SIZE OF MARIE's (classmate) HEAD! It was sooo funny" Guess ya had to be there bud. Later, after bugging me all morning to play some game (that used to be MINE as a kid) he found, I found myself waiting for HIM. I called to him busy on the porch doing Goddess knows what...telling him, his time was up to play the game. At this point, he comes sauntering in with a plastic candy cane LAWN ORNAMENT and an oversized Cowboy hat on, and in his most aloof voice says, "okay mom...NOW we can play this game that you speak of..."

WHAT?

Then today, I deal with Remy. WEIRD. But her weirdness is so entirely different from his (mine). She dragged three stuffed animals through Trader Joe's in plastic bin tied with a shoelace. She told me someday she was gonna have big boobes like me. Cause she was gonna be a momma too. She played on the swings in the yard with the dog for a while. Then came to the back door and instead of opening it or knocking, proceeded to WOOF loudly and then scratch at the door. Chacha style. When I went down and asked her if she was trying to trick me, she denied it with a straight face she could hardly keep straight. She played about a while, and then finally yelled out, "MY NAME SHOULD BE CHANGED TO RINGO!"

these two.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home