Another Mother's Hoverboard

Monday, July 11, 2011

journeys

sitting with my hand on my belly
i watch the tigerlily bend and bob
at the weight of a small bird
drinking from its
innards

and you my dear child
awaken

your flips and pumps
inside of me
strike me as peculiar
and at times uncomfortable

however i will remind
myself
the gift that this experience
truly is
and you have allowed me
the precious chance to remember,
just one last time...

my belly swells with your
growth and potential
and i cry when i consider
the sense of completion
you will bring all of us

a shift in reality
was certainly in order
and our world
will spin in a whole new
unpredictable and
wonderful way

welcome baby
welcome

we are so excited
for your arrival,
travel safely.

love you,
mama.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home