Another Mother's Hoverboard

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

for my little man-joy


my heart breaks into a myriad of pieces
as you sleep
your tiny heart pumping hard and fierce
through it's surrounding ribcage
like the sun finding its way through a
complex mountain range
looking to set with grace and without apology.

i am your mother and the utter honor of this
strikes straight through the core of me
taking away my own breath as i watch
you take your own...

in moments like these i smile at your freckles
there at my fingertips to count or kiss, endlessly
which would earn me a few
hours of time at the very least...

simply to stare at you is overwhelming
you are my baby yet
more than half my size
and growing with a purposefulness
and a pride and and unwillingness to hide
who you *are*

never will i truly understand the power
of my love for You
i will settle instead,
to bask in these moments
where i can drink in your beauty
and swallow this warmth and name it
LOVE.

you are a gift:
to your Mother.
to your Mother Earth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home