Another Mother's Hoverboard

Thursday, August 06, 2009

i love lists.

-i haven't posted any lists lately
-or even jotted many down
-i think this means i haven't actually accomplished very much
-most of my lists motivate me *to
do* things
-oh well
-i swim a lot
-and read blogs. i really like dooce.com
-she's funny
-after years of saying the only time i would ever "run" was when chasing a ball was involved, i turned into a runner!
-holla!
-almost...not quite there yet, but i am actually ENJOYING the experience of jogging.
-remember in anchorman they called it Yogging?
-i am on the toilet.
-i think that is funny to point that fact out.
-i also tend to point this out to friends while i am on the phone with them.
-i like good mental pictures.
-giving and receiving.
-i live far too close to my neighbors.
-this concerns me when the redsox are playing poorly and tony shouts extremely loud and embarrassing obscenities.
-mostly at "nancy" drew.
-this list is not really a good list.
-it's like a run on sentencethoughtthing
-with the dashes
-the dashes are what allow me to get away with writing in 'list form'
-my daughter is singing a song about her Love Box that she made for a boy named Liam
-it is not what one might think
-it is a box. with love notes inside: a Love Box.
-i am now talking with remy about muggsy bogues being the same size as me.
-AS ME!
-i really love the NBA. well the idea of it anyway.
-it's definitely changed since i was a wee one.
-once, when i was a kid, i spent a good couple of months sketching Magic Johnson on lined notebook paper. over and over.
-A portrait:it sucked.
-i moved on to sketching a basketball shoe. a kick?
-if shoes are sometimes referred to as "kicks", would a single shoe be called a kick? that's weird.
-i like saying 'nice kicks'
-i also like calling a car a ride or a whip.
-and yelling holla! at silly times.
-remy wants to get married when she is ten, she just informed me.
-clarified: 'i will just MARRY them at 10. i won't like STAY with them or anything.'
-phew.
-wait? she said THEM. plural? so confusing, this girl.
-my mind certainly jumps a lot.
-just remembered the time i was home sick in my apple pj's in 5th grade.
-my mom left for an errand.
-the fire alarm went off (a bug got in there? a spider?)
-it wouldn't stop so i freaked.
-ran around the neighborhood seeking help. in my apple pj's.
-everyone was doing errands.
-errands: such a funny word.
-also, i wasn't really sick that day.
-i thought twice about faking after that.
-oh and there was no fire.
-also no smiles from my dad when he pulled up to see three fire trucks a my house.
-alarms still ALARM me to this day. ALARM. funny.
-what's it called when a word is it's own definition of itself?
-i should really go get the laundry.
-or have another kid.
-they are so darn expensive.
-but well worth it.
-the end, for now.
HOLLA!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home