Another Mother's Hoverboard

Monday, May 18, 2009

Boot Camp

boot camp, day 1:
up at 4:59 am,
a minute prior to the
alarm ringing me awake;
ready.

at my high school track,
we are timed in a half-mile
a constant test performed
(twice as long)
15 years ago....I ran with ease:
back then.

Today, I struggled with
my body
wanting it to move
faster and feeling
the weight of the world
or perhaps just the weight
of being out of shape.

I will push through this
I will be strong again
I will be healthy
I will drive through the pain
I will conquer the fear of failure
I will fight the exhaustion

I am reuniting my mind
and body and it is exciting.
The two have not been working
together and it is a necessary
step toward living a more
whole authentic life.

I will be proud of myself.
6 more weeks. Smile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home