Another Mother's Hoverboard

Monday, January 08, 2007

She's Bringing Random Back.

I need to bring the random back.
Nevermind Justin and his bringing of the Sexy.
I personally pride myself on random. On silly thoughts. On interesting points. On keen observation. Yet all of this and more has waned recently. It is my new mission to bring it all back.

So I will start with this:

Mondays are brutal. They remind me of the toast crumbs that get stuck in the butter. There is nothing I can do about them but avoid them. Avoid avoid avoid until that is all that is before me. NO choice in the matter. Crumby butter and a Monday. I swallow them down. Gotta keep a movin.

Also, Tony told me this last night as I was falling asleep. I am still not sure what to make of it. "Everyone else in the world gets socks and underwear from everyone." Um, WHAT? Honestly, how is something like that simply SAID? It is filled with out and out LIES, exaggerations, and fabrications. So I said, "Huh?" And he continued to say "they" get them on Christmas and their birthday every year. From everyone. I am still stunned by this. I think he is trying to intimate that he needs new socks and underwear.

So I tell him I am sorry I was not aware he NEEDED any, as I most definitely would have purchased him some. He (of all people) is now ANNOYED. Apparently I am missing his point (and he insists he does have one.) Something about how he shouldn't even HAVE to express that he NEEDS them, rather he should just receive a constant flow of new ones every December and March as scheduled. He believes this is something the rest of the world receives twice a year. I do not know how to help him see he is not so underprivileged. However I cannot help but feel overwhelmingly guilty and horrible for neglecting him so. I decide to let it be and let him fall back asleep. Note to self. March is coming. Socks and underwear must be purchased.


My bladder is very full.

My son is dressed in overalls today. Later on he puts on his Batman costume and admires himself in the mirror for a while. Then he colors a few pictures. Then he tells me he wants to take the overalls underneath his Batman costume OFF since he looks like a 'fat' Batman with those things underneath. Why does he have a negative self image? He is a five year old boy.

My daughter's face is always dirty. I clean it, I swear. Sometimes.

She calls her boobes, nudies. Insists that is their true name.

That's all for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home