Another Mother's Hoverboard

Thursday, December 28, 2006

loved one...

I don't know how to be myself
around you
I am whole and full and at peace
And you are none of these things
You are broken and empty and constantly in struggle
with someTHING or someONE
You don't seem to see a true reflection
when you glance in the mirror

Do you look inside yourself?

And you fish, constantly
for affirmations and praise from ME
that you are good enough and just so
darn GREAT.

Sure,
I can give it, but it's weak, transparent
and insincere...because it is being
ASKED for

Honestly, you steal my ability
to be HONEST with YOU

I see you as the Glass
Menagerie
Frozen and fragile
Taking up space

If with a few sharp
observances I could make
you TRULY SEE

you would shatter into
a million pieces
Never to be the same
Never to be repaired

But to be this?

Which is worse?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home