Another Mother's Hoverboard

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Fibers of love.

Ezra. i love this boy with every fiber of my being. in fact, at this point, i believe he IS the fiber of my being. each day i feel fortunate enough to simply BE in his presence. to listen to his amazing mind. to get to volunteer in his class where they clamor and compete "Ezra! Ezra!" to talk to him. He is a very special boy. I am biased of course, but I believe there is something extra there. I just cannot wait to see how he shares that with the world one day. Last night, at 1:40 in the morning I awoke to him standing next to my bed. He had on his oversized graphic t-shirt. It had a rocking chair on it. In heavy metal font below it reads "I ROCK". Haha. The humor was not lost on him, and he adores this shirt. He had on his monster pj bottoms and the saddest little face I have seen in a long time. It took me asking a few times to hear the unusually small voice tell me that he had "thrown up". OH no. Then I realized we had put the kids to bed *together* in Remy's large bed. Oh no. He followed me down, without words. He stood by and watched me wrestle the layers of vomit COVERED sheets off the bed, while still keeping Remy asleep there. It was gross, I was tired, and sad. These things are never fun. And then I heard him behind me, "Let me guess, Mom. You are really mad at me." WHAT? Oh good lord. Have I *ever* told him I was "really mad at him"??? Not that I can recall...But my child. My child. Darlin. How in the WORLD could I EVER be mad at him right now? I told him just that. Finished ripping the sheets off, curling them in a ball near the basement stairs to deal with later, and took him to bed with me. I cuddled him, and realized, how fragile we ALL are. Inside and out, and every which way. Even in his moment of phsyical weakness he was concerned about my emotions. New fibers of my love for him were sewn in last night. He is stitched in tighter, every day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home