Another Mother's Hoverboard

Friday, June 24, 2005

Remy

your smile
is like a dirty secret
that you are always
trying to keep
to yourself
mixed with an
air of innocence
and pride

you are my daughter
with your
elfie ears
and struggling
hair growth
and a walk that
always tells the
world that you
have important things
to do
see
be

the lack of fear
you teach when doing
almost everything
reminds me
how much the rest
of us

live in it
learn to dread it
wish to shed it

and the lines that
form and shape
your eyes
when you smile
while attempting
a 'stunt'
teach patience
and support

each day you
toddle toward me
and wrap your
arms around
my neck and place
your cool cheek
on my chest, silently

i am aware

You tell me your
secrets in this
way of yours

and now,
i offer a
promise to
always be willing
to listen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home